Index

Friday, December 26, 2014

Borg-ified Body

(I revisited this article on 4/6/2017 and discovered some links are dead so I removed them. Others I updated.)

We are just a few days away from year 2015 and I thought it would be a good time to time-capsule (mental snapshot) where we stand with becoming Borg. Here are the personal accessories to which the word “smart” has been applied:


Smart Glasses (and competitor: Smart Telepathy)

Not really a "smart" device category per se, but honorable mention because it falls into the category of mechanizing (Borg-ifying) our body: Three cheers (albeit hesitant) for thought-control devices and “brain augmentation” (brain-to-computer interfaces).

I think that pretty much covers the whole body. Did I leave anything out?

Note: In designating “personal accessories,” I am excluding the appliance industry which includes smart refrigerators, smart ovens, smart washer and dryers, and more. Additionally, I am not including smart TVs. I also didn't include "older" technologies such as so-called bionic body parts -- knees, legs, arms, etc.

(As far as forming a Borg collective, we've already done that through social media.)

Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated.



No comments:

Post a Comment